About Subclass 892
A State/Territory Sponsored Business Owner Visa or Subclass 892 is a permanent visa for people who own and manage a business in Australia. This visa allows its holders to continue pursuing business ventures and stay in the country indefinitely.
Am I Eligible?
- You must currently hold any of the following eligible visas:
- Subclass 160 (Provisional – Business Owner Visa)
- Subclass 161 (Provisional – Senior Executive Visa)
- Subclass 162 (Provisional – Investor Visa)
- Subclass 163 (Provisional State/Territory Sponsored Business Owner Visa)
- Subclass 164 (Provisional – State/Territory Sponsored Senior Executive Visa)
- Subclass 165 (Provisional – State/Territory Sponsored Investor visa)
- You have an ownership interest of at least:
51% on an operating business with at least A$400,000 turnover per year
30% on an operating business with not less than A$400,000 per year
10% on a publicly listed company
- You are sponsored by a regional authority in the State/Territory where your business is located.
- You have stayed in the country with a valid visa for at least 1 year. It doesn’t have to be a continuous stay. If you’ve travelled outside the country and re-entered, exclude the days you’re not in Australia.
- Your business has at least 2 full-time employees (Australian citizens/permanent resident/New Zealand passport holder) for the 12 months immediately before you apply.
What Are My Benefits?
- Live in Australian permanently
- Work & Study rights
- Enroll in Medicare
- Sponsor an eligible family member
- Australian citizenship pathway (if requirements are met)
- Exit and re-enter Australia as many times for the first 5 years of visa grant
Step 1: Book Your Consultation
The first essential step in your migration process is to book a consultation. This is the stage where we identify the best and most suitable pathway for your circumstances.
Step 2: Personalized Migration Action Plan (MAP)
After attending a consultation with us, we will provide you with a personalized MAP. This includes a checklist where we tell you how to prepare relevant documents and samples if necessary.
Step 3: Collection, Review, and Drafting
An application is not just about the submission of documents – it also includes the process of reviewing the documents to make sure that they are up to standard. What we mean by this is to ensure that every piece of documentation that we submit has been carefully reviewed by our migration specialists based on the standard of the Department of Immigration.
Step 4: Lodgment and Submission
Here at Think Visa, we prepare what we like to call, Decision Ready Applications. This means that applications prepared by us are not only of high standard but also organized in a manner that is easy for the case officer to decide on and therefore significantly reducing processing time for you. There are circumstances that might require you to provide additional information in which we try to anticipate beforehand.
For questions, email us at email@example.com