About Subclass 189
The Skilled Independent or Subclass 189 is a point-tested permanent visa for skilled migrants to come and work in Australia. Applicants must be sponsored by an eligible employer, family member, or nominated by an appropriate state or territory government.
Am I Eligible?
You can be eligible for a 189 visa if you meet the following requirements:
- You have a relevant occupation on the 189 MLTSSL (Medium and Long-Term Strategic Skills List) occupation list.
- You have a suitable skills assessment for the occupation
- You have the passing mark of 65 points
- You possess competent English language skills
- You are between 18 to 44 years old
- You meet the health and character requirement
- You have lodged an EOI and have been invited to apply
What Are My Benefits?
- Live in Australia indefinitely
- Work and study rights
- Enroll in Medicare
- Eligible for certain social security benefits
- Sponsor eligible relatives
- Australian citizenship pathway (if requirements are met)
- Indefinite exits and entries to Australia for the first 5 years of visa grant
Step 1: Book Your Consultation
The first essential step in your migration process is to book a consultation. This is the stage where we identify the best and most suitable pathway for your circumstances.
Step 2: Personalized Migration Action Plan (MAP)
After attending a consultation with us, we will provide you with a personalized MAP. This includes a checklist where we tell you how to prepare relevant documents and samples if necessary.
Step 3: Collection, Review, and Drafting
An application is not just about the submission of documents – it also includes the process of reviewing the documents to make sure that they are up to standard. What we mean by this is to ensure that every piece of documentation that we submit has been carefully reviewed by our migration specialists based on the standard of the Department of Immigration.
Step 4: Lodgment and Submission
Here at Think Visa, we prepare what we like to call, Decision Ready Applications. This means that applications prepared by us are not only of high standard but also organized in a manner that is easy for the case officer to decide on and therefore significantly reducing processing time for you. There are circumstances that might require you to provide additional information in which we try to anticipate beforehand.
For questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org