About Subclass 494
This visa carried out in November 16, 2019, replaces the 187 Regional Migration Scheme Visa. The subclass 494 is a provisional visa valid for 5 years, allowing its holder to work and live in regional Australia. This visa has a permanent pathway through the 191 visa, but the holder must work with an employer for at least 3 years before he can she lodge an application.
Am I Eligible?
- Must be under 45 years old at the time of application. However, exemptions may apply.
- Must be competent in English.
- Must have been employed on a full-time basis and at the skill level required for the nominated occupation for at least 3 years. Generally, he/she should have gained experience within the last 5 years. The period does not need to be continuous. Equivalent part-time work may be considered. DHA does not consider casual work.
- Must hold a substantive or Bridging Visa A, B, or C (if in Australia)
- Must pass skills assessment at the time of application
What Are My Benefits?
- Live in designated Australian areas for 5 years.
- Study in Australian universities.
- Depart and re-enter Australia so long as your visa is valid.
- Permanent residency pathway
Step 1: Book Your Consultation
The first essential step in your migration process is to book a consultation. This is the stage where we identify the best and most suitable pathway for your circumstances.
Step 2: Personalized Migration Action Plan (MAP)
After attending a consultation with us, we will provide you with a personalized MAP. This includes a checklist where we tell you how to prepare relevant documents and samples if necessary.
Step 3: Collection, Review, and Drafting
An application is not just about the submission of documents – it also includes the process of reviewing the documents to make sure that they are up to standard. What we mean by this is to ensure that every piece of documentation that we submit has been carefully reviewed by our migration specialists based on the standard of the Department of Immigration.
Step 4: Lodgment and Submission
Here at Think Visa, we prepare what we like to call, Decision Ready Applications. This means that applications prepared by us are not only of high standard but also organized in a manner that is easy for the case officer to decide on and therefore significantly reducing processing time for you. There are circumstances that might require you to provide additional information in which we try to anticipate beforehand.