About Resident Return Visas
Permanent visas in Australia have an initial 5-year travel facility period. If you are permanent visa holder who departed Australia after the 5-year period, or your permanent visa expired outside Australia, then you cannot return to the country as a permanent resident. The purpose of the Resident Return Visa is to allow you to return to Australia as a permanent resident.
Am I Eligible?
To qualify for a Resident Return Visa, you must meet one of the following requirements:
- You are an Australian permanent visa holder
- You are a former Australian permanent visa holder whose visa was not cancelled
- You are a former Australian citizen who lost or renounced citizenship
What Are My Options?
This visa is valid for 5 years upon grant. To qualify for this visa, you must meet the following requirements:
- You’ve stayed in Australia during the last 2 years of your initial 5 years travel facility or;
- You have ties of benefits to Australia
- You have a family member who holds/applied for an RRV who satisfied the criteria for at least a year
This visa is valid for 3 months upon grant. However, this visa is currently unavailable due to low volume of applicants. The basic requirements of this visa are as follows:
- Valid for up to three (3) months from the date of grant
- You’ll be eligible to apply if:
- You’ve spent at least a day but less than two years in the past five years in Australia immediately before you apply
- You are an Australian permanent resident/an Australian citizen the whole time you were in Australia.
- You have a compelling & compassionate intention to exit Australia.
What Are My Benefits?
- Stay in Australia permanently
- Work and study rights
- Exit and enter Australia as long as visa is valid
- Enroll in Medicare
- Sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residency
- Australian citizenship pathway
Step 1: Book Your Consultation
The first essential step in your migration process is to book a consultation. This is the stage where we identify the best and most suitable pathway for your circumstances.
Step 2: Personalized Migration Action Plan (MAP)
After attending a consultation with us, we will provide you with a personalized MAP. This includes a checklist where we tell you how to prepare relevant documents and samples if necessary.
Step 3: Collection, Review, and Drafting
An application is not just about the submission of documents – it also includes the process of reviewing the documents to make sure that they are up to standard. What we mean by this is to ensure that every piece of documentation that we submit has been carefully reviewed by our migration specialists based on the standard of the Department of Immigration.
Step 4: Lodgment and Submission
Here at Think Visa, we prepare what we like to call, Decision Ready Applications. This means that applications prepared by us are not only of high standard but also organized in a manner that is easy for the case officer to decide on and therefore significantly reducing processing time for you. There are circumstances that might require you to provide additional information in which we try to anticipate beforehand.
For questions, email us at email@example.com