About Partner Visa 820 & 801
A subclass 820/801 visa is for a partner or spouse of an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen to live and work in Australia. This is an onshore visa which means applicant must currently be in Australia during the application. This is a 2-stage process with the subclass 820 being the temporary visa, and the subclass 801 being the permanent visa shall an applicant become eligible to apply.
Am I Eligible?
You may be eligible for this visa if you meet the following requirements:
- You are married or in a de facto relationship with an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or eligible New Zealand citizen.
- You are in a de facto relationship for at least a year.
- Your marriage is valid under the Australian law.
- You must be 18 years old or older when you apply if you are a de facto partner.
- You may still be eligible if your relationship breaks down after you lodge your application.
What Are My Benefits?
Subclass 820 (Temporary)
- You can stay in Australia while waiting for your permanent 801 visa.
- Work and study rights.
- Depart and re-enter Australia multiple times as long as your visa is valid.
- Enroll in Medicare
Subclass 801 (Permanent)
- Permanent residency
- Australian citizenship pathway
- Work and study rights in Australia.
- Depart and re-enter Australia multiple times during the first 5 years upon visa grant.
- Enroll in Medicare
- Sponsor eligible family members
Step 1: Book Your Consultation
The first essential step in your migration process is to book a consultation. This is the stage where we identify the best and most suitable pathway for your circumstances.
Step 2: Personalized Migration Action Plan (MAP)
After attending a consultation with us, we will provide you with a personalized MAP. This includes a checklist where we tell you how to prepare relevant documents and samples if necessary.
Step 3: Collection, Review, and Drafting
An application is not just about the submission of documents – it also includes the process of reviewing the documents to make sure that they are up to standard. What we mean by this is to ensure that every piece of documentation that we submit has been carefully reviewed by our migration specialists based on the standard of the Department of Immigration.
Step 4: Lodgment and Submission
Here at Think Visa, we prepare what we like to call, Decision Ready Applications. This means that applications prepared by us are not only of high standard but also organized in a manner that is easy for the case officer to decide on and therefore significantly reducing processing time for you. There are circumstances that might require you to provide additional information in which we try to anticipate beforehand.
We simplify the process for you
Life is too short to stress about visa applications. Loved ones should be brought together hassle-free and fast. By trusting Think Visa, you are guaranteed a team of experts who will guide you through the whole application from start to visa grant.
For questions, email us at email@example.com