New South Wales has recently announced an addition of several occupations that will be eligible for Subclass 190 & 491. A skills assessment will be required to prove that your occupation is as defined on ANZSCO (Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations).
View the complete list here: NSW Skilled Occupation Lists For Subclass 190 & Subclass 491 – Think Visa
Who will be considered?
New South Wales invitations are highly competitive for the Subclass 190 Skilled Nomination Visa (Permanent) & Subclass 491 Skilled Work Regional Visa (Provisional) and are selected based on individuals’ ability to meet the following criteria: Subclass 190 The NSW selects the highest-ranking candidates who meet the nomination criteria and have occupations suitable for their current target sectors. To be considered in the Invitation round, applicants must:
- Have valid Skills Assessment in an NSW target sector.
- Achieved at least 65 points
- Currently residing in NSW and:
- Current employment in NSW meets the standard for claiming skilled employment in the nominated occupation, or
- Genuinely resided in NSW for the past three months
Subclass 491 The NSW selects candidates who meet either of the three nomination streams.
- Stream 1: Living and Working in Regional NSW
- Stream 2: Have recently completed a study in Regional NSW
- Stream 3: Skilled in an occupation required in Regional NSW
When does the NSW invitation round occur?
Subclass 190 Invitation rounds are ongoing all throughout the financial year. There will be no advise on the date of upcoming invitation rounds. Subclass 491 There are four submission windows during the 2021-2022 financial year:
Invitations are issued throughout a submission window up to seven days after a submission window closes.
What does all of this mean for you:
- Subclass 491 and subclass 190 visa state sponsorship access for those who cannot be invited on 189 visa
- More occupations open up more options for those who were previously not eligible
- Permanent residency opportunity for subclass 190 applicants whilst Subclass 491 PR pathway via subclass 191.
Want to know more? Send us an enquiry and Claim a FREE initial assessment with our experts!