Last Saturday, 4 April 2020, the Australian Government introduced new sub-stream via Subclass 408 (AGEE – Australian Government Endorsed Event) to assist migrants with the COVID-19 pandemic. Temporary Activity Visa’s new sub-stream will allow foreign nationals who holds a temporary residence status to continue their stay in Australia due to COVID-19 condition.
COVID-19 Pandemic visa (Legislative instrument) – AGEE
- Continue your stay in Australia if you have no other visa options and are unable to leave Australia due to COVID-19 travel bans.
- Stay in Australia to help in critical sectors including agriculture, health care, child care and aged care.
The application must be submitted within the last 28 days or less of the current visa which is about to expire. Below are the main requirements to be eligible to apply:
- You currently reside in Australia
- You hold a valid visa expiring within the next 28 days
- You’re applying for workforce shortages especially in agriculture, aged care and public health
- You’re unable to leave Australia due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Endorsement and Sponsorship
The endorsement in writing or sponsorship won’t be required for the COVID-19 Pandemic visa application. It will be available for migrants who are onshore holding a valid visa expiring within 28 days or less.
You’ll have to meet the health and character requirements, have enough health insurance to support yourself and your dependents and you’re a genuine temporary entrant.
Working Holiday Visa Holders
If you hold a working holiday visa and are employed in critical sectors without completing the 3 or 6 months specified work required to apply for a subsequent visa can apply for a Temporary Activity Visa, Subclass 408. The visa will enable them to lawfully stay in Australia to continue working (if they want to) until they can travel to their home country.
Think Visa COVID-19 Business Operation
Our team will continue giving our professional services to help migrants like you to continue your lawful stay in Australia. We’ve shifted to remote work in participation to self-isolation requirements, keeping everyone safe. We do online consultation and remote application processing to operate without much delays. If you need our professional help now, don’t hesitate to reach us or fill in our client form here so we can contact you as soon as possible.