About 858 Visa
A Distinguished Talent Visa or 858 visa is for onshore migrants who are internationally recognized for their outstanding achievements in an eligible field. This is a permanent visa that allows you to sponsor relatives to come and live in Australia indefinitely.
Am I Eligible?
You can be eligible to apply for an 858 visa if you meet the following requirements:
- You must be in Australia when applying for this visa and when the visa is granted.
- You are internationally recognized with an outstanding achievement in an eligible profession, sport, arts, or academia and research.
- You must have a nomination from an Australian resident, permanent resident, eligible New Zealand citizen, or an Australian organization with a great reputation in the same field.
- You must be a benefit for the Australian community
- You are able to find work in your field in Australia
What Are My Benefits?
- Stay in Australia indefinitely
- Study rights
- Work in Australia
- Sponsor family members
- Australian Citizenship Pathway
- Enroll in Medicare
- Indefinite exits and entries to Australia for the first 5 years of visa grant
Step 1: Book Your Consultation
The first essential step in your migration process is to book a consultation. This is the stage where we identify the best and most suitable pathway for your circumstances.
Step 2: Personalized Migration Action Plan (MAP)
After attending a consultation with us, we will provide you with a personalized MAP. This includes a checklist where we tell you how to prepare relevant documents and samples if necessary.
Step 3: Collection, Review, and Drafting
An application is not just about the submission of documents – it also includes the process of reviewing the documents to make sure that they are up to standard. What we mean by this is to ensure that every piece of documentation that we submit has been carefully reviewed by our migration specialists based on the standard of the Department of Immigration.
Step 4: Lodgment and Submission
Here at Think Visa, we prepare what we like to call, Decision Ready Applications. This means that applications prepared by us are not only of high standard but also organized in a manner that is easy for the case officer to decide on and therefore significantly reducing processing time for you. There are circumstances that might require you to provide additional information in which we try to anticipate beforehand.
For questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org