About Subclass 864
A Contributory Aged Parent visa or Subclass 864 is intended for elderly parents of Australian citizens, permanent residents, or eligible New Zealand citizens to permanently migrate and settle in Australia.
Am I Eligible?
To qualify for this visa, you must meet the following requirements:
- Have a sponsor living in Australia who meets the requirements
- Meet the required age for the age pension
- Must be 18 years old or above.
- Must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or an eligible New Zealand citizen.
What Are My Benefits?
- Stay in Australia indefinitely
- Work and study in Australia
- Enroll in Medicare
- Sponsor family members for permanent residency in Australia
- Australian citizenship pathway (if requirements are met)
- Receive age pension in Australia (if criteria are met)
- Exit and re-enter Australia as much as you want during the first 5 years from the date of grant
Step 1: Book Your Consultation
The first essential step in your migration process is to book a consultation. This is the stage where we identify the best and most suitable pathway for your circumstances.
Step 2: Personalized Migration Action Plan (MAP)
After attending a consultation with us, we will provide you with a personalized MAP. This includes a checklist where we tell you how to prepare relevant documents and samples if necessary.
Step 3: Collection, Review, and Drafting
An application is not just about the submission of documents – it also includes the process of reviewing the documents to make sure that they are up to standard. What we mean by this is to ensure that every piece of documentation that we submit has been carefully reviewed by our migration specialists based on the standard of the Department of Immigration.
Step 4: Lodgment and Submission
Here at Think Visa, we prepare what we like to call, Decision Ready Applications. This means that applications prepared by us are not only of high standard but also organized in a manner that is easy for the case officer to decide on and therefore significantly reducing processing time for you. There are circumstances that might require you to provide additional information in which we try to anticipate beforehand.
For questions, email us at email@example.com