About Carer Visas
Carer visas are permanent visas intended for people who aim to migrate to Australia to provide aid or care for an Australian relative with a medical condition. An applicant of this visa must be sponsored by the Australian relative.
What Are My Options?
There are two classifications of Carer Visas as follows:
- Subclass 116 (Offshore)
To apply for a Subclass 116, a candidate must be outside Australia when he/she submits application until the Department of Home Affairs (DOHA) arrives with a decision.
- Subclass 836 (Onshore)
To apply for a Subclass 836, a candidate must be inside Australia when heshe submits application until the DOHA arrives with a decision. In the case the candidate needs to travel outside Australia, he/sheshe must notify the DOHA prior to the travel.
Am I Eligible?
To qualify for this visa, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must have an eligible sponsor
- You must be able and willing enough to provide substantial care and support for your sponsoring relative/family member.
Eligible sponsors for this visa are as follows:
- 18 years old and above
- Australian relative or the partner of an Australian relative
- Australian citizen/permanent resident/eligible New Zealand citizen
Valid medical conditions are as follows:
- The medical condition shall be assessed and verified by Medibank Health Solutions/HSA.
- Physical, intellectual, or sensory impairment that prevents a person from performing practical aspects in life.
- Assistance required cannot be reasonably provided by any other relative or be obtained from a hospital, welfare, nursing, or community service in Australia.
- Assistance is likely to be needed for at least 2 years.
What Are My Benefits?
- Stay in Australia permanently
- Work and study rights
- Enroll in Medicare
- Australian citizenship pathway
- Sponsor eligible family members
- Exit and re-enter Australia as many times as you want for the first 5 years upon visa grant.
Step 1: Book Your Consultation
The first essential step in your migration process is to book a consultation. This is the stage where we identify the best and most suitable pathway for your circumstances.
Step 2: Personalized Migration Action Plan (MAP)
After attending a consultation with us, we will provide you with a personalized MAP. This includes a checklist where we tell you how to prepare relevant documents and samples if necessary.
Step 3: Collection, Review, and Drafting
An application is not just about the submission of documents – it also includes the process of reviewing the documents to make sure that they are up to standard. What we mean by this is to ensure that every piece of documentation that we submit has been carefully reviewed by our migration specialists based on the standard of the Department of Immigration.
Step 4: Lodgment and Submission
Here at Think Visa, we prepare what we like to call, Decision Ready Applications. This means that applications prepared by us are not only of high standard but also organized in a manner that is easy for the case officer to decide on and therefore significantly reducing processing time for you. There are circumstances that might require you to provide additional information in which we try to anticipate beforehand.
For questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org