About Retirement Visa Pathway
This pathway provides eligible retires an option for a long-term residency as they have contributed and established a life in the community.
Am I Eligible?
To qualify for a Retirement Visa Pathway, you must have met the following on 8 May 2018:
- You’ve held a subclass 410 or;
- You’ve held a Subclass 405 or;
- Your last substantive visa was Subclass 410/subclass 405
- You never held any substantive visa aside from subclass 410 and subclass 405 between 8 May 2018 and the date you apply for the permanent residence pathway.
- You must be in Australia when you apply
What Are My Options?
To access the permanent residency pathway, you can apply for either of the following:
Contributory Parent Visa (Subclass 143)
- This visa will give priority to retirees who apply for the subclass 143 category until places become available for subclass 103 in 2022
Parent Visa (Subclass 103)
- This pathway is available for retirees in 2022.
- However, waiting period for this visa is significantly longer than a subclass 143.
Step 1: Book Your Consultation
The first essential step in your migration process is to book a consultation. This is the stage where we identify the best and most suitable pathway for your circumstances.
Step 2: Personalized Migration Action Plan (MAP)
After attending a consultation with us, we will provide you with a personalized MAP. This includes a checklist where we tell you how to prepare relevant documents and samples if necessary.
Step 3: Collection, Review, and Drafting
An application is not just about the submission of documents – it also includes the process of reviewing the documents to make sure that they are up to standard. What we mean by this is to ensure that every piece of documentation that we submit has been carefully reviewed by our migration specialists based on the standard of the Department of Immigration.
Step 4: Lodgment and Submission
Here at Think Visa, we prepare what we like to call, Decision Ready Applications. This means that applications prepared by us are not only of high standard but also organized in a manner that is easy for the case officer to decide on and therefore significantly reducing processing time for you. There are circumstances that might require you to provide additional information in which we try to anticipate beforehand.
For questions, email us at email@example.com