Recent announcements for Student visa5 April 2017
Subclass 500 Visa
According to the recent announcement by MIA, Student visa will undergo the following changes on 21 March:
1. Student visa applicant under 18 years of age must submit Form 157N - Nomination of Student Guardian – along with their visa application if the student is to live with their parents or eligible relatives in Australia, or the application will be invalid.
2. Following changes in assurance of bond in relation to Student visa (Subclass 500) and Student Guardian visa (Subclass 590) visa will take place:
(1) Other than parents and spouse, the student’s De factor partner now may also provide proof of income for the student to DIBP
(2) Detailed requirements for assurance of bond in relation to Student Guardian visa (Subclass 590):
• For Student visa only: proof on income of AUD $60,000 p.a.
• For Student and Student Guardian visas: proof of income of AUD $70,000 p.a.
(3) Where the Student visa applied for is valid for less than a year, the amount of income required is calculated by the number of valid days of student visa divided by 365 days.
3. At least one of the following must be provided when lodging the Student visa application:
• Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE)
• Onshore applicants may alternatively provide offer letter
• University statement in relation of the extension of thesis deadline
4. The changes to Simplified Student visa Framework (SSVF) will be announced by DIBP on 31 March. Risk level of the applicant’s country and institution may see changes, prompting the DIBP to request different application documents. While Chinese applicants enjoy loose requirements in this regard at the moment, it is unpredictable as to the changes occurring the coming 31 March.
AIMS consists of a team of expert migration agents and solicitors who provide professional assistance to people who intend to migrate to Australia or Australian residents and citizens who wish to bring their family here. Whether you are seeking to study, work or establish a business in Australia, we can advise you on your options and assist you in securing the right visa. For more information or to set up a consultation with one of our agents, give AIMS a call on 03-9078 6819 or email us at email@example.com.
Free Migration Seminar on 6 November 201724 October 2017
Debunking the Myths of Australia’s Business Innovation Stream (Subclass 188A) Visa14 September 2017
Free Information Seminars7 September 2017
Subclass 189/190 Visas May Be a Good Option!2 August 2017
VETASSESS Priority Processing- Express lane to your skilled migration grant!2 August 2017
New Pathway to Permanent Residency – Tasmania Gateway2 August 2017
Multiple changes post 1 July affecting Employer Nominated (ENS) visa applications21 July 2017