New pathway introduced by South Australia for General Skilled Migration State Sponsorship29 February 2016
Introduced in Feb 2016, Immigration SA is making it easier for talented international graduates of South Australian public universities to qualify for state nomination through the "high performing graduate" category. Immigration SA offers state nomination to international graduates of South Australia who meet state and federal government requirements for a 190 or 489 General Skilled Migration visa.
Benefits of the ‘high performing graduate’ category include:
- access to a more extensive list of occupations on either the State Occupation List or the Supplementary Skilled List.
- waivers to Immigration SA’s work experience and English language requirements.
You will still need to meet the English and work experience required for your skills assessment and registration (if your occupation requires registration).
To qualify as a high performing graduate, you will need to be currently residing in South Australia and have completed one of the following qualifications at a South Australian public university (in the last two years) with the required Grade Point Average (GPA) listed below:
- PhD or Masters by Research.
- GPA of 6.0 or above in a Masters by Coursework degree (following completion of a Bachelor degree in South Australia).
- First Class Honours in a dedicated Honours year (following completion of a Bachelor degree in South Australia).
- GPA of 6.0 or above in a Bachelor degree.
The three South Australian public universities are: Flinders University, University of Adelaide and University of South Australia. Your South Australian qualification must be in the same field as your nominated occupation.
If you have recently completed your studies in South Australia and wish to remain in Australia lawfully, give us a call on +61 3 9078 6819 or email us at email@example.com to discuss your visa options or visit our website on www.thinkvisa.com.au.
Free Migration Seminar on 6 November 201724 October 2017
Debunking the Myths of Australia’s Business Innovation Stream (Subclass 188A) Visa14 September 2017
Free Information Seminars7 September 2017
Subclass 189/190 Visas May Be a Good Option!2 August 2017
VETASSESS Priority Processing- Express lane to your skilled migration grant!2 August 2017
New Pathway to Permanent Residency – Tasmania Gateway2 August 2017
Multiple changes post 1 July affecting Employer Nominated (ENS) visa applications21 July 2017